Santa Ana Asset Protection Attorney
Developing Complex and Effective Asset Protection Strategies for Clients in Santa Ana
With divorce rates soaring and litigation highly common in California, it is no surprise that many people have asset protection as a top priority. You do not want your hard-earned assets and property to go to satisfy legal judgments, to ex-spouses, to creditors, or other hostile entities. Instead, you want your assets to be preserved for your estate to be passed on to your beneficiaries as you always imagined.
However, asset protection can be a challenging endeavor in California, as traditional asset protection trusts are not available in our state. The most effective methods of asset protection will depend on your specific situation, and it is important to discuss the right strategy for you with an experienced Santa Ana asset protection lawyer. Let the Law Offices of Roshni T. Desai help you.
What is Asset Protection and Do You Need It?
There are many reasons why your assets and property might be at risk, and asset protection plans aim to protect your assets from creditors and other parties trying to go after your property. If you have substantial means, it is especially imperative to take steps to protect it, as this can attract parties who want to find a way to take a piece of your wealth.
Though asset protection planning can benefit almost anyone, some people who might be most interested include:
- Those in high-risk professions (e.g., doctors and lawyers) who might face lawsuits
- Entrepreneurs who do not have significant personal liability protections
- People with multiple real estate holdings
- Celebrities or well-known businesspeople
- Retirees who might need long-term care in the future
- People with terminal illnesses who might face mounting medical bills in the coming years
- People who carry extensive debt
- Individuals concerned about possibly losing their job or their home
- Business owners facing the possible closure of the company
- People set to inherit significant wealth or who already have
Our clients are as unique as their individual situations, as we can help design an effective asset protection plan for each person.
Asset Protection Tools
There are several legal tools for asset protection that work to shield your property from bankruptcy, creditors, lawsuits, divorce, and more. Some tools that might be utilized in an asset protection plan include:
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- California’s Homestead exemption
- Life insurance exemptions
- ERISA-protected retirement plans
Not every tool works in every situation, and an experienced asset protection attorney will closely evaluate your risks and goals to determine which tools are right for you.
Learn How an Experienced Santa Ana Asset Protection Lawyer Can Help
At the Law Offices of Roshni T. Desai, our goal is to ensure that your assets and property pass on to your beneficiaries - not to creditors or other adverse parties. We work with clients regarding asset protection and estate planning, and we can advise you of your options. Call 714-694-1200 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our firm today.